Monday 8 June 2015

And to Think That We Saw It... (with apologies to T. Geisel)

To get to know the City of Roses, Boys, "keep your eyelids up and see what you can see."
This might be a good place to stop.
Tucker - Here we find the famous Pershing Lava Fields...
... which give way to the weird Gigantic Ferns of Pershing.
What is this wondrous soft, green, rock-hugging substance? I shall call it Bryophytus Benus.
Yeah - it may be a City of Roses, but it ain't no bed of roses for my herd. We are all trapped, tethered to these stupid rings, victims of ridicule, laughter, and shameless exploitation.
C'mon, Ben...maybe they are handing out samples of that great, locally crafted, brew!

Uh, Tucker...remember two things:

1. Nothing is really free; 2. Don't believe everything you read.
And what's this!?!

California poppies? Well, that explains the crowds, rude drivers, and rampant elitism.
A collective! What a relief.

I look mad?! You bet I'm mad! So, there I was, using the bike lane on Powell, when this car turns right in front of me without even looking! Yeah, sure, it wasn't very Zen of me to throw my water bottle, but I was so not happy!!

Why, yes, Ben - my people do love it here.  (Go Ducks!)
And to Think That We Saw It on Pershing Street. Thanks for the wise advice, big brother!

1 comment: